Authorized National Handi Quilter Dealer Since 2006
Authorized Janome and Brother Dealer Since 2004
Janome Size 90 /11 Blue Tip Needles 990311000 ^
The All-Purpose Needle
Designed specifically for Janome machines.
The Blue Tip Needle, a Janome exclusive, is a size #11 and is our best "all-purpose" needle for both machine embroidery and general sewing on most types of fabrics.
This needle features an oversized eye to accommodate embroidery threads.
It reduces stress and tension on the top thread and makes threading easier.
Janome Blue Tip is a size 11 ball point needle specially designed for Janome machines.
The needle works well on light-medium weight knit fabrics and is the recommended needle for light to medium weight embroidery.
Also it works well when quilting with polyester thread.
Whether you have a top-of-the-line sewing machine or an economy model, the most important tool used is the sewing machine needle. The sewing life of a needle is 8 hours. In that time, the point will become worn and stitch quality may become compromised. Keep a variety of needles on-hand to change regularly. A good rule of thumb is to use a new needle at the start of every project. The type and size of needle to use is determined by:
• Thread type: polyester, cotton, rayon or metallic
• Thread weight: 12wt, 30wt, 40wt, 60wt, 90wt (The higher the number, the finer the thread.)
• Fabric type: knit, woven, densely woven, specialty
• Technique: general sewing, embroidery, embellishing or quilting
A sewing machine needle is made of six parts:
1. The Shank is the upper portion of the needle, which is inserted into the sewing machine. The shank on a needle for domestic sewing has a flat back. This needle system is indicated on some packaging by these notations: HA x 1, 15 x 1 or 130/705.
2. The Shaft is the entire lower portion of the needle. The size of the needle is determined by the diameter of the shaft. The smaller the number, the smaller the shaft will be. The eye will increase in size proportionately to the size of the shaft.
3. The Groove is on the front of the needle. The Groove is designed to allow the thread to lie tightly against the needle as it passes through the fabric.
4. The thread passes from the front to the back of the needle through the Eye. The thread needs to flow freely through the eye.
5. The Scarf is an indentation on the back of the needle that allows the hook to pass closely to the needle to form the stitch. The size of the needle will affect the distance of the scarf in relation to the hook.
6. The Point penetrates the fabric and allows the needle to deliver the thread to the hook to form the stitch. The shape of the point is designed to penetrate different types of fabric.
Guaranteed to fit Janome Sewing Machine Models:
1580LX, 2160DC, 311, 3012, 3016, 3128, 5060QDC, 5120QDC, 5270QDC, 660 Jem Gold, 712T, 7318 Magnolia, CM7P, CS5031, Decor 5018, Decor 5024, Decor 5124, DC3200, DC4100, DC6030, DC7100, Easy Jeans 22, FD206, FD212, FD216, HD-1000, HD2200, HD-3000, Harmony 4045, Harmony 4052, Jem Gold, Jem GOld 2, MC10000, MC10001, MC11000, MC11000SE, MC12000, MC200E, MC300E, MC350E, MC5000, MC5700, MC8000, MC8100HF, MC8200QC, MC8200QCP, MC8200QCSE, MC9000, MC9500, MC9700, MS5021, MS5027, My Excel 18, My Excel 23, My Excel 4014, My Excel 4018, My Excel 4023, My Excel 4123, MyStyle 22, Sewist 500, Sewist 521, Sewist 525S, Sewist 625E, Sewist 721, Sewist 75S, all Janome embroidery machines that take a flat backed needle.
Guaranteed to fit Necchi Sewing Machine Models:
EC100, EV7, EX100, EX30, EX60, FA16, FB12, HD22, NE30, QS60, S34, TM8